1. If you have a complaint as to the service you have received from us contact the partner who acted for you (Nick Herbert or David Guthrie) with the details.
2. We will reply within 3 working days and provide you with a copy of our complaints procedure. We may ask you to confirm or explain the details set out in your complaint, although this will not always be necessary. We will confirm what will happen next.
3. Your complaint will be investigated. This will involve one or more of the following steps.
(1) The partner who acted for you will consider your complaint again;
(2) Your complaint will be considered by the partner who did not act for you;
(3) A solicitor from another firm (not involved in your case) will be requested to consider your complaint.
The investigation will be completed within 10 working days in ordinary circumstances but it may take longer if the matter is complex and requires a more in-depth investigation.
4. We will write to you and invite you to a meeting with the partner who acted for you to discuss your complaint. We will write within 3 days of completing our investigation.
5. If you do not want a meeting or a meeting is not possible, we will send you a detailed response to your complaint which will include our proposals for resolving the matter.
6. If you are not satisfied you can write to us and ask us to review our decision. We will acknowledge your letter within 5 days. The review will take one of the following forms.
(1) If the investigation of your complaint was carried out by the partner who acted for you, the decision will be reviewed by the partner who did not act for you;
(2) We will ask a solicitor from another firm (not involved in your case) to consider your complaint and our decision;
(3) We will invite you to agree to independent mediation.
The review will be completed within 10 working days, although mediation may take longer.
7. We will let you know the result of the review within 5 days of the end of the review. At this time we will write to you confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons. If you are still not satisfied, you can contact the Legal Ombudsman whose details are as follows:
PO Box 6806
Telephone: 0300 555 0333
8. If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.
9. In certain circumstances, you may be able to make a complaint to the Solicitors Regulation Authority. You can contact the Solicitors Regulation Authority if you have concerns as to a solicitor’s honesty or behaviour. The SRA’s contact details are as follows:
Solicitors Regulation Authority
199 Wharfside Street
Telephone: 0370 606 2555
Would you like to speak to someone?
We provide an initial 30 minute consultation free of charge. Please complete the form below and we will will be intouch.